Ekonomika is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or their institutions. The journal is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0). Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission of the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI (Budapest Open Access Initiative) definition of open access. The journal does not charge fees for article processing or submission.
The editorial board of Ekonomika encourages authors and reviewers to follow the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Code of Conduct and Guidelines on Good Publication Practice, which define the best ethical practices in scholarly publishing. Additionally, authors who submit articles for publication to Ekonomika are strongly recommended to follow the European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity.
Likewise, the journal Ekonomika is committed to ethical standards in its own editorial policy. The editors of Ekonomika do their best to ensure a fair, objective, and clear peer review processes and in editorial decisions. Therefore, any found cases of violation of ethics, whether on the part of authors, reviewers or editors, will be forcefully pursued.
What we focus on can be summarised in by the following points:
- Authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work of others, then this must be appropriately referred to. The article should contain only accurate statements and the literature review should be precise and correct.
- Authors can not publish the same research in more than one journal. They should ensure that submitted manuscript is not under consideration for publication in other journals or other publications.
- Authors’ responsibilities: authors must participate in the anonymous peer review process. Authors are requested to provide the journal with any corrections or mistakes after printing.
- Authorship of publication submitted for review should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the reported study. Sharing of information about the contributions of authors is encouraged.
- Information for authors is published in every journal and in the webpage of our journal.
- The review process is conducted anonymously by scholars experienced in the field of research. The review process should be objective and constructive.
- Reviewers are free to ask authors to provide the raw data used in the analysis of statistics or other information in the article. They should provide assistance for the authors in improving the quality of the submitted paper.
- Reviewers should declare any conflict of interests with the author. They should not disclose details of the article to the public or to apply materials under review for their own interests.
- The editors have the final word on whether to accept or reject an article. Editors must maintain an anonymous review process.
- The editors execute assessment, approval or rejection of manuscripts solely on the basis of their academic virtues (topicality, originality, scientific value and the con-formity to journal’s aim and scope).
- The editorial board must establish that ethics standards are being met and ensure, as much as possible, that there is no plagiarism or fraudulent data.
- He/she has the full power to enter into this Agreement and to make the grants contained herein. He/she/they is/are the sole author(s) of the paper and has/have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to Vilnius University Press are not in breach of any other obligation.
- The paper is original and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties.
- The paper contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or confidence or commitment given to secrecy.
- The authors agree to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 agreement under which the paper in the Journal is licensed, and grants Vilnius University Press permission to publish the unpublished and original manuscript, the abstract forming part thereof, all associated supplemental material, and subsequent, if necessary, errata in the Journal under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY-4.0). An author keeps copyright and publishing rights.
- Further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the published paper’s title, journal citation, and DOI.
- Anyone is free to share (copy and redistribute the material published in the paper in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material published in the paper) for any purpose, even commercially.